Wednesday 17 February 2010

Morning Bookmark Roundup #1

I've decided first thing every morning that I successfully wake up, I'll update of the latest going ons in my favourites to do with animation and illustration.


http://www.thestoryboardbook.com/




I personally think these are a GREAT idea.
Spotted on Cartoon Brew


There's a Bizarro App for that

I actually own a small book of Bizarro at my parent's house, it's a newspaper cartoon in the vien of The Far Side. So I find this pretty interesting. An updating comic App for iPhone that gives you a new comic each day.

Spotted on Drawn!



This was found on the fantastic The Comics Bureau, a maintained website by local Glyndwr tutor Dan Berry, which gradually worked my way into one of my (very rare) comic related favourites. It's good because it looks at news about all forms of comics and graphic novels. Not just Marvel/DC like big oafs hitting each other with hammers in a series of random, violent events which is what 'comics' get labeled as these days.

Rad Sechrist Interview


Rad's tutorials
are printed out and all over my wall, no joke. Rad has helped me out so much over the last few weeks in my understanding of breaking down my illustration and figures for animation. I've started following his set 'rules'. This was found on the great, handy Character Design Blog.

That's about it. If anyone has any handy animation/illustration/the practice of comics website links, feel free to post them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment